Prolific Shockwave Therapy
The Most Advanced ED Therapy Available
What is Acoustic Wave (Shockwave) Therapy?
How Does Acoustic Wave Treat ED?
Because the vessels that carry the blood into the penis are so small, there has never been a way to clear out the blood vessels and return them to their optimal capacity. By using shockwaves, we are able to break up that plaque that has slowed or eliminated the blood flow into the penis, and restore the vessels to their original state. This will allow the blood to flow naturally into the penis as it did in its pre-ED state.
The Benefits of Acoustic Wave for Treating E.D.
- Non-surgical, non-invasive treatment without the need for downtime.
- Low intensity shock wave therapy is typically pain-free with the intensity adjusted for your comfort.
- Sessions lasting no more than 30 minutes.
- Results may last up to a year.
- It typically takes 6-12 treatments for patients to see an effect.
- Very few men have any discomfort and we use a numbing cream as well. For some, high-intensity AWT can range from uncomfortable to painful.
- Our physicians will review any contraindications with you based on your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect when receiving Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT)
A typical treatment session takes 15 to 30 minutes. First, the provider applies a conducting gel to the treatment area. Then they move the acoustic wand over the skin’s surface, administering a strong, vibrating massage. The level of pressure, length of the treatment session, and intensity will depend on your particular concern.
What are potential side effects?
Bruising, swelling, numbness, tingling, or pain can occur after receiving AWT but discomfort or pain from the therapy should subside within 48 hours.
How long does it take for results?
Multiple sessions (typically 6-10) are required to see results. Maintenance sessions are recommended starting 3 months after your final session to keep the results you have already received.
How is The Tulsa Men’s Clinic Approach for ED Unique?
We also combine Acoustic Wave therapies with the P Shot for enhanced results to further strengthen erections and sexual wellness. We also offer a special advanced treatment using a natural Tissue Matrix Upgrade for even the most difficult cases. For those men who don’t want to wait for several acoustic wave treatments, we are providers of TriMed Injections, which can be used to produce an erection in as little as 5-10 minutes while in the clinic under physician supervision.